Pages

Renegade Recap 2012


Well it's 2 weeks today since I packed my bags and lugged my Mellybee range to the 2nd Annual Renegade Craft Fair in London held on the 15/16th September- and I've finally got round to posting some photos. (Yes it's been that busy here)!

Here's just a brief recap of what went on with some photos of the fair and people I met.



It was an early start on Saturday morning at camp Renegade sellers alike were setting up from around 8- I managed to get there by 9 and was greeted by Jam and Ali from Hellododo who were sharing the booth space with me. After sorting out how we positioned the tables we set to work sticking, stacking and general displaying of our wares ready for the opening at 11am.

Laying out my wares. Photos courtesy of booth sharer Hellododo.
Hellododo's stall in the foreground - our view of other stalls behind.
Renegade's hotdesk- all the info you need manned by the Renegade team!
The creating table- beautiful paper flowers.
There was a pretty steady stream of people on both days - and it was interesting to hear how folk had heard about RCF. Some had been following the fair online and had yet to experience it in the flesh(like me) others had heard about it through Mollie Makes magazine and others through word of mouth. Customers had travelled from far and wide too- I met a lady from the Isle of wight, a lady from Amsterdam, a couple from Germany and even some from Birmingham, Norwich, Nottingham, as well as a couple of women from South Africa. There were a few American based stall holders too!
I also had my photo taken by the very talented Karolina Koziel - you'll see the profile photo she took on my facebook page and other social media sites- including this blog!

Here are some photos of the other stall holders met:

Custommade-jewellery and bags
Miso Funky and Finest Imaginary
Hand over your fairy cakes - all the way from Glasgow!
I am Acrylic- all the way from 'round the corner..
Lovely Pigeon 
Mr. Sean Mort's Print Shop - our booth neighbour


It was a great couple of days- not only was it a good opportunity to meet all the lovely customers that came but also being able to share advice and tales with other independent sellers in that kind of environment was invaluable. Folksy, being one of Renegade's sponsors made themselves available for questions and tips on selling online- they even bought us tea on Sunday for anyone who wanted to pick their brains!

Folksy mailbox- background 2 of the Folksy team on normal behaviour



Some dubious looking stall holders
To find out more about RCF London and their other events just check out their website. There are lots more photos too for you to see here.




Share |